Thursday, July 23, 2009

394 Idiot

Here we see this fine maroon Honda Accord in front of me. Looks peaceful, right? Let me tell you what was behind me. First though, I must say this guy was in the left lane and moving pretty good. Was moving. He passed me and moved in front of me. Then he stopped. Yes, stopped. In the middle lane. This dummy stopped in the middle lane while I was doing about 40 to 45 MPH weighing in at a slim 80,000 pounds. That's 40 tons. That is about 40 of those Honda Accords. I didn't hit him. I don't know if it was the tires screeching or he just happened to look in his mirror and see a large truck getting too close too fast. As for behind me, it looked like Turn 4 at Talledega with the big one happening. I am not exactly what happened, all I seen was cars scattering. I bet this guy didn't think how his selfish act of ignorance could affect so many.

If you look over the van you can see him moving into the right lane.

Maybe one of his relatives?

Here he is stopped again, and he was trying to somehow tell me he might have been sorry by waving with both hands out the window. A little late for that. I knew what would be ahead for me when I reached my destination. Picking up his mess. One more thing. I have been called a hypocrite lately, but having a Veterans plate on a Japanese car? A true American. ( I have edited out my last comment but it rhymes with "chuck u. farley")

2 comments:

Barry said...

Usually I go along with everything you say, Dale, but I think I'm gonna have to disagree with you ...

1) If cars behind you were scattering, it was not the fault of the driver in front of you; it was their fault for following too close to you.

2) The offender did apologize. That's a rare treat. I realize it doesn't undo the damage, but it beats the alternative. Usually, the road raging types smirk like they're saying 'gotcha.' I think the old dude was really sorry.

3) If he's a vet--he did what I would have been way too chicken-#$%* to do myself--so I don't care if he spends all his money collecting bottle caps.

Keep the camera rollin'

Janet said...

I think that guy wins the Jackass of the Year Award. The driver, not Barry. ;-)

 

Web Page Counter
Latitude E5500 Laptop

eXTReMe Tracker